Our vision is to become the preeminent organization for promoting and developing a greater understanding and appreciation of the multicultural splendour and heritage of India, in all its facets, among Canadians.
Our mission is to offer the visitors and residents of the National Capital Region a world-class opportunity to experience and personally learn about the traditions, culture and heritage of India – and thus promote multi-cultural understanding, appreciation, harmony and peace; and enhance inter-cultural connectivity in Canada.
Our objectives are:
- to showcase high quality Indian music and dance programs:
- to engage our patrons with interactive and participatory programs that both entertain and educate about culture and heritage of India;
- to present nutritious and tasty authentic ethnic food from different regions of India;
- to present workshops that nourish the Body and Mind: on Wellness, Yoga, Meditation, Music, Arts, Dance and Cooking;
- to organize discourses, discussions and debates on Indian inspired Culture and Philosophy;
- to maintain a repository on sources of information on subjects including the Cultures, Festivals, Music and Dances, Philosophies, Literature and Cuisine of India.
Festival of India is a not-for-profit organization incorporated in 2011.